Sunday, January 23, 2011

new babies in the house

I know this blog was set up mostly to talk about my bead obsession, and to show my bead work......But last night a friend of my husband and I, discovered  something cool in our aquarium.........our Cichlids  (convict fish) have become parents......We originally were given a bunch of fish by another friend, about 8 or 9 years ago, and the parents of my two cichlids were part of those fish. they layed eggs and since we had a community tank I put the fry into a tank of their own, and raised them separately from the other fish........we had about forty babies survive, so I gave a lot of them away, and over the years we lost all but the two remaining fish.
   All this time I thought the last two were both male, so it was a big surprise to find babies in the tank last night! I am excited, the tank was looking a bit empty with just the two fish.......So looks like I am grandma to about 75 or so cute little baby fish!

3 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Congratulations on the new brood :)

    We used to have guppies and it was so exciting to see the new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I didn't realize fish lived so long in tanks! That's amazing! So congratulations to being a Fish Gramma! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations grandma! My kitties are excited too! They just licked the screen. LOL

    ReplyDelete