Thursday, June 10, 2010

beading and my sick 30 yr old baby

I talked to my son in Las Vegas a couple nights ago, he was sick with some kind of stomach problem, he seemed to think it was a gall bladder attack, (his gf told him it was) hadn't been able to keep any thing down for a couple of days, and was feeling totally crappy and sounding worse....I told him he needed to go to the ER and get checked out.....he said he couldn't because the business next to his apartment was on fire and there was no way to get through the police had it all blocked off.......he called me again this morning, he has been in the hospital since 11:00 yesterday morning, they are still running tests......I worry about him, he is my baby, and I can't be there for him, damn, I hate being jobless, and poor......I want to hop a plane and go take care of him.....
I spent another sleepless night last night, finally got to bed at 6:00 this morning, and was up again at 10:00......so I beaded all night, I started a new project, a no brainer......a kit, its a lacy choker in fuchsia lined blue seed beads with fuchsia swarovski bicones in 3 & 4 mm, it is a design from Sandra Halpenny's Drop Lace Necklace Pattern Collection 2007.........I've had this kit of 10 necklaces for well over 2 years, and have tried on several occasions to make one of the designs or another, I guess I prefer doing my own thing...but for some reason this time its working for me, I guess I just needed something with directions last night to focus on......and its turning out really pretty, all sparkley and feminine....
I have been pretty productive in the past few weeks, I finished my bead soup project, and the amber stash bottle necklace, although I want to change some things on that one........also the opium bottle necklace, I am happy with that one! also a sea themed necklace with a clay sand dollar wistle as the focal, and as usual, I am waiting on some decent weather to take pics.......should be this weekend, they are predicting 80's for saturday!
well I am going to get back to the necklace.......I'll sit and bead and send positive and healing thought toward my son in Las Vegas.....

2 comments:

  1. I hope your son is better! I can totally relate to beading to save your sanity--I do that when I'm overloaded with teaching. I can't wait to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete