Monday, August 1, 2011

Andrew Thorntons July Challenge


a month ago, I joined Andrew Thornton's July Challenge.........I bought the Challenge Kit from Andrew, it was in beautiful shades of green! I chose to make a charm bracelet with the kit...but the chain included in the kit wasn't working to hang such substancial charms from, so I added some antique copper chain along with the antique brass chain in the kit, and it worked beautifully!since I had lots of left over chain, I went crazy with dangles comming off the clasp area....its a simple design, but I love it and have worn it a lot since making it, I call it wrist chimes, because it definitely makes a nice tinkling noise when it is worn!

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! A wonderful way to showcase all the beads. I like the tassle of chain too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can just hear the tinkling sound now. :D I bet it has nice movement too. :D

    Karyn B
    plussizebangles.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea of making the kit into a charm bracelet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to combine the components, Norma! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation indeed ! I find your bracelet tassel a very unique and charming touch and I've always adored bracelets that make a happy, tinkling, musical sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I like how you've incorporated everything to create a really stylish bracelet. It makes me think of woodland music, especially with all the movement. I am so happy that you were able to participate! What a truly lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I like what you did with the chain. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! I love charm bracelets too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youve made a pretty snazzy bracelet! Andrew sent some wonderful things!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, that you decided to do a bracelet. I love bracelets. And yours is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that it is fun to wear! It is a beautiful bracelet! Looking forward to see what you do with the Bead Soup Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is gorgeous! I like challenges they seem to set inspiration in motion!

    ReplyDelete